Saturday, September 22, 2012

Superheroes

A couple of months ago, I bought Gage a Superman shirt at Walmart. I bought it because I thought it was cool, not really because he was into it. Well since then, he's been totally into superheroes. Now, no matter what superhero it is, they are all called "superman". We try to tell him the right names, Spiderman, Batman, etc., but it doesn't matter, they are all "Superman!". Recently, it's become more Superman-specific. He picked out Spiderman for his Halloween costume, but I think that Superman is definitely his favorite. We have tried to find some shows to TiVo, but they are all borderline too violent. I need to try and find some toddler-friendly Superman videos for him. He loves to tell us how "Superman flies in the sky!" and point to his shirt and show me Superman. I figure this was inevitable, as the mom of a boy - superheroes are part of the drill. It's just been so funny how all of a sudden in the 6 months he has become ALL boy. Dinosaurs, superheroes, football, airplanes, guitars....he's into all of it. So I ordered him a bunch of new PJ sets that showed up today and I covered it all - Superman set, aliens set, guitar set and dinosaur set. His little toddler mind was blown - it was like Christmas in September. He wanted to take his bath and put on pjs at 6p.

No comments:

Post a Comment