Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Conversations with a 2 year old

Lately we have noticed a BIG jump in Gage's vocabulary. Specifically, he speaks using more complex sentences and ideas. Now the sentences usually go something like..."airplanes fly in the sky" or "watch Super Grover with the chicken, cluck cluck?", but its still fun to have actual conversations. Animals are always referenced by their name AND the sound they make - except for cows, which he will still only reference as "moos". I was commenting to someone at work about how much talking he's doing and how great it is that he can usually tell me what he needs and that I can even reason with him sometimes when he gets upset. Now it doesn't always work, of course, but it helps me stay calm. Anyway, during that conversation I realized that some of the increase is probably a result of ME being able to interpret toddler speak just as much as it is him learning more vocabulary. Who knew I'd be learning a new language too?

1 comment: