Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 3, 2011

I haven't blogged in a week, I know. I even missed doing a post for little man's 11th month. It's just been one of those weeks. Between working late, overnight guests and just life in general, I haven't been able to get on the computer at night. I have taken some pictures though, so I posted a few of those on this post - there are also a couple I uploaded straight to Facebook.

So we are less than 30 days from G's 1st birthday! I can not believe it has almost been a year. The last week or so he's gotten REALLY good at standing on his own. He walks really well just barely holding on to one of our hands, but he's still a little too nervous to step on his own. He'll do a little half step between the couch and the coffee table, but when we try to get him to go further, he drops down to crawl. Used to, he wouldn't walk if we held his hands - but now he does really great. I can really see the difference in his Gymboree class - since moving up to the bigger class, he's stepping out and doing more after seeing those kids walking and getting wild. We have a walker that we've put him in for months just as a place to "put" him when we were working in the kitchen, etc. He's been able to touch the ground with his feet for a while, but he wouldn't walk in it - he would fuss until we pushed him or he could only go backwards. Today I put him in it so I could clean and he followed me all around this house. I don't know if he'll walk before his 1st birthday, but we're expecting it any day now.

The chatter has also been turned up for a week or two now. It's a constant stream of "aaabbaaadaaaagaaaa" and he LOVES to have screaming contests - he usually wins. He'll look at us and scream "aaaaahhhhh" and we are supposed to scream it back - the same tone and length. He can do this for a long time - which is why he wins. He's been saying "dadadadada" for a while, but never really with purpose. Tonight...he was standing at the gate in his doorway and J stopped by on his way down the hall to kiss him and say hello...and when he got up and kept walking toward the kitchen, Gage fussed a little and then yelled "Da-Da!"...and then after a few seconds he yelled it again, "Da-da!". OMG. It was awesome. J came back and I'm like, "did you hear that?!" Of course it was absolutely the ticket - J grabbed him up and took him to the kitchen with him. So we're calling that official: Da-Da is his first word, and he said it right before his first birthday. It was pretty exciting - I'm still working on Mama, but there's not a lot of "mamamama" coming out of his mouth - M sounds may take a minute for him. It's so much fun to listen to him talking while he plays and while he rides in the car with us.

We had fun at Gymboree yesterday, a couple more of his friends from his other class moved up, so we got to see some more familiar faces. He's starting to get more into the social aspect of the class, spending time trying to talk to the other kids and give them kisses. That's right, I have the kissy kid. It's so cute though, he's just such a little lover. He and I have been doing our walk/runs out at the lake and he really enjoys that as well. We've been meeting up with a lot of my friends out there and he likes to hand out the smiles and chat with us while we run. He and I have some great conversations out at the lake. I think next time we go up there I'm going to bring some bread so we can feed the birds at Sunset Bay. We saw them all hanging out there yesterday morning and Gage was really excited, but they can get a little cranky if you don't have any food, so I didn't want to get in there and mix it up.

It's been a fun week. We are all going to visit some friends and their new baby tomorrow and then it's back to work for me. We have fun stuff this month, birthday parties, photo sessions, etc. The summer is just flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment