Saturday, April 9, 2011

April 9, 2011

This is a picture I took at Gymboree. This table is out in the waiting area and while we were hanging out before class started, he had some fun pulling on the pieces.

Today was one of those days that I don't ever want to forget. He woke up at 6:30a (not one of the high points) and he and I watched a little Yo Gabba together. After some breakfast, we took the party to his room and played on the floor for a while. He was in such a great mood, laughing and talking. I could tell that he was still sleepy though and that he would be taking an early nap. I put him back to bed around 8a, he passed out about 20 minutes later and slept for an hour and a half.

When he got up, he had a bottle and then I got him changed and packed up for a trip to the grocery store. He was cracking me up in the car, talking to himself and chewing on his feet. He would talk a little and when I would turn to look at him he would be waiting for it and throw his head back with a huge laugh. Then I would start cracking up and we would both be giggling. Those smiles were so priceless. He did great at the store, he was really taking the sights in and being social - he was attracting a lot of attention and loving every minute.

By the time we got home, it was time for lunch and then we were going to leave for Gymboree within the hour. At this point he had been up from his nap for about 2 hours and I was nervous about him being too tired for Gymboree. He had his lunch and we headed out. Of course he fell asleep about 5 minutes before we parked. I was not sure what to do, so I just decided to get him out of his car seat and see if he wanted to wake up. I pick him up and he falls right back to sleep on my shoulder - sacked OUT. I decide we'll go in since we still have 15 minutes before class and as soon as I walked in and he heard the other kids, he was up...and he was in a great mood. Just a little 15 minute power nap was enough to reset him for the 45 minute class.

Gymboree was a lot of fun again this week. He really loves this peek-a-boo game that they play and he started laughing so hard during that song that everyone else in the class looked over and started laughing too. We were cracking up. He really liked trying to climb up the inclined mat and he was talking to all of the other babies. He was the only boy there today, so he enjoyed flirting with the ladies. Again, he spent more time crawling around in the circle and socializing than sitting with me, which is ok. I really like seeing him be independent and do his own thing in there - he always comes back to me or checks on me when he starts to feel nervous, so I know he feels safe to explore. He was dozing off as we pulled into the driveway, but I put him in his crib drowsy and he passed out immediately - slept for another hour and a half.

It was a little touchy after that nap - I could tell he wasn't completely rested from his busy day and we decided to watch a little Brainy Baby to relax for a bit before getting crazy with his toys. GiGi came over a little while and he was feeling better by then, so we played with his toys on the floor. By the time he had dinner and his bath, he seemed pretty sleepy, so I put him in bed around 7p, which is his normal bed time. Well he was in there chatting and playing for like 20 minutes while J and I were watching a movie. We starting cracking up at his babbling and decided to go and bring him out to hang with us for a little longer and that's when the cuteness was turned up a notch. He was laying these HUGE smiles on us and just talking his little head off. We were all laughing so hard. J and I were taking turns holding him and tickling him and he was laughing so much that we would start giggling with him and then it just got worse. He was grabbing J's face and grinning up at him while J was trying to get him to say Dad-dy. We had a lot fun in that last 30 minutes before he finally went to bed. J actually took him back to put him to bed and he went right to sleep.

This was just an amazing day with a lot of smiles and laughs from the Monkey. He's always a pretty fun and laid back kid, but today was just a super special fun day with the munchkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment