Saturday, March 12, 2011

March 11 and 12, 2011





These pictures are all from one of our play sessions yesterday. I took them with the real camera, which is why he looks so surprised in almost all of them. Our camera has a red sensor and then one of those blinky flashes, so when we push the buttons, lights start going off and he gets all shocked. The last one is a face I caught while he was moving. I had yesterday off of work and J let me sleep in, which was awesome. I woke up and fed G his breakfast and then we had some conversations before I left for lunch with a friend. This kid has been talking up a storm the last couple of days. I mean, just constant babbling - it's so funny. I got home around 3p yesterday, while he was taking his afternoon nap and I got a little nap in as well. When we woke up, we had a lot of fun playing on his floor and chatting before we started our nighttime routine.
He started his day pretty early this morning, around 6:30a. Luckily I went to bed right after him last night, so I got quite a bit of rest. He and I watched a little Yo Gabba Gabba and talked to each other on the couch. He's so cute, he'll sit in my lap facing me and he holds my face while I talk to him. We can tell that he is really trying to understand what we are saying now. He helped me make some breakfast for me and J and then after we ate, I fed him a little breakfast, which he really enjoyed. Then we had a big play session on the floor until it was time for his first nap. While he took his nap, I put together a grocery list and got everything ready to head out once he woke up. He woke up, I got him dressed and we headed to Target. He was in such a good mood while we were there - he was babbling at everyone that walked by and he really liked seeing some other babies. We had some great conversations walking around the grocery store.
By the time we got back, it was time for another nap and he was pretty sleepy, so I took him straight to his room and put him in his bed. I got all of the groceries put away and was heating up some lunch when I heard a weird noise coming from his room. I finally just opened the door and there he was, standing straight up, holding the top of his crib and chewing the side. The sound I heard was his bottom teeth catching the edge of the plastic crib guard (piece of plastic that protects the wood from teeth) and then slapping back against the crib. So funny. I called J over to see him and we both just started laughing. He was smiling this BIG smile, like - "CHECK THIS OUT!" Very proud of himself. We tried the nap for a little while longer, but it wasn't happening, so I got him out of bed and we got on the floor for a little while. While we were down there, he noticed his empty bottle on the toy box and he crawled over to get a closer look. Next thing I know, he has both hands on top of the box and he pulls himself to a complete standing position. Again, he looks back at me like, "Dude! I did it again!". So cute.
The rest of the day was pretty laid back. He stayed with J while I did my walk/run at the lake on my own today. I think we are going to head out together tomorrow morning when it's not as warm. He was chatting us up, laughing and being super loveable the rest of the evening. He helped me get the marinade going for our dinner tonight and then we did his normal evening routine. He went down with no fuss, which was nice - and he has been going down earlier and earlier, so I'm hoping with the time change tomorrow we may not be too different.

No comments:

Post a Comment