Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 6, 2011


Well today was great! Monkey and I hung out this morning, singing songs and snuggling, then we made breakfast and hung out with J in our bedroom. Then after his first nap, Gage and I went to Super Target to do the grocery shopping. He had a great time and was charming everyone that walked by. He fell asleep on the way home and then I let him sleep a little longer in his room in his carseat. After THAT nap, we headed up to the lake so I can get my butt in gear and get ready for a 5K I want to do in May. We had a LOT of fun - although I think it was a little more enjoyable for Gage, since he was just cruising. It felt good to be at the lake and Gage liked seeing the birds at Sunset Bay. He was super quiet the whole time, but every time I checked on him, he was just chillin' and he would give me a big smile. He loves riding in the stroller! I will say that running with a jogging stroller will take some getting used to, but it's all good.
After we got home, both Gage and I decided to declare war on the inanimate objects in our house. We were playing in his room (he was crawling around) and he proceeded to hit his head on the glider chair. Then a bit later, he hit his head (same spot!) on the corner of his crib. Ugh, I felt terrible. So now he has two purple lumps on his head - his first real injuries - and they were on my watch. Damn it. So to make up for it, I slipped while trying to sit on the edge of the tub to give him a bath and I slammed my lower leg on the corner of the tub, which had me crying and rolling around on the floor. Awesome. So if you are keeping score, it's Inanimate Objects - 3, Mom and Gage - 0. Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment