Friday, March 18, 2011

March 18, 2011

He's showing off his chins in this picture. Notice all the food on his bib - he's drooling so much that sometimes the food just runs right back out of his mouth. He's a messy eater, for sure. I was trying to get him to smile really big so you could see his upper teeth. They are in full effect and when he really starts cackling he looks like a little vampire. So freaking cute.
Monkey came to work with me this morning and hung out the girls until lunchtime. Everyone had been asking to see him so I brought him in and he showed them all his new skillz - crawling, "ga-ga-ga", working with this toys - he had a good time. He woke up at 6a though, so he really needed a nap around 8a and he didn't go to sleep until 10a (for about 45 minutes). He was still good, no crying at all, he just wouldn't let anyone else hold him after a while. He just wanted me to cart him around. He sat in my lap while I worked and he had a lot of fun helping me type emails and review fundings. We sat in the floor with some of the girls and he crawled around and played with his toys. He was still tired, rubbing his eyes, but he was so cute, the little charmer. When J came in to pick him up he was excited to see him, he gave him a big smile and started babbling at him.
J said that he was still in a great mood when they got home, having fun with him and being cute. He didn't take a nap the rest of the day, which is usually the recipe for disaster, but J said he was pretty cool, just tired. When I got home I walked into his doorway and he got so excited, he started squealing and trying to crawl to me. When he realized there were things in the way that would slow him down he got upset, so I met him halfway. I love when he gets so excited to see me in the evenings. He was really lovey dovey, probably because he was so tired. He was hugging me and resting his head on my shoulder. We came into the living room to finish watching his show and he snuggled down into the crook of my arm and was just being mellow, laughing at the kids on TV. We did our regular routine, dinner, play, bath and bed. Of course he went right to sleep, but he's already woken up once because his leg got caught in the bed. I fear his day of no napping may lead to some bad sleeping tonight, but here's hoping he'll get some rest. If he wakes up before 7a tomorrow, we are going to go and meeting my running group for a little jog at the lake.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I TOTALLY want to see his vampire teeth! You've got to get a picture!! haha! :o)